Matt Barber @dixiefriedsport on twitter
1. Baylor fake Bricks- The opening of the new McLane Stadium went well with the Bears blowing out the SMU Mustangs and the stadium itself looks fantastic, but there was one problem. Baylor's bricks you see on TV that outline the wall behind each teams' sidelines is fake. It is a tarp that looks like Bricks
2. Eastern Michigan Entrance- The Eagles have never been a football powerhouse. In all honesty there has never been a reason to even mention EMU unless they were playing your team or you were making fun of their attendance. This entrance will go down as one of the worst in College Football History
3. South Carolina pass defense- The Gamecocks helped Texas A&M QB Kenny Hill shatter Johnny Manziel's school passing record. Hill passed for 511 yards(Manziel's record was 464), which is only 33 yards shy of Eric Zeir's conference record. South Carolina allowed A&M to snap the ball 99 times and only forced a punt once.
4. Clemson's second half- Everyone will talk about Todd Gurley's ability to break tackles and make a hyped Clemson defense appear below average, but let's not forget that the Tigers only had 15 yards of total offense in the 2nd half against the Dawgs defense.
5. Auburn and technology- It's bad enough the Tigers didn't have a working play clock in the first half or a working game clock, but Arkansas coaches were stuck in the press box elevator at halftime of a 21-21 game. In the 2nd half the Tigers dominated the game to come away with a blowout victory. Where did all that SEC money go? Bruce Pearl's recruiting class?
6. Florida weather- The Gators became the first SEC team since the weekend after 9/11 to have to cancel a football game. The Florida game was delayed 2 hours and 40 minutes. At 9:40 Idaho and Florida kicked the ball off and the Gators returned the kickoff to the Vandals' 14 yard line. As the Gator offense ran onto the field, lightning struck and the game was eventually canceled by Florida and the SEC.
7. Wake Forest offense- The Demon Deacons played at Louisiana-Monroe's Malone Stadium on Thursday Night and came away with a 17-10 loss. The Deacons rushing game had 27 carries for -3 yards, but the passing game wasn't much better with 22 passing attempts for only 97 yards.
8. Missouri Baptist- The Spartans lost to Southeast Missouri State this weekend 77-0. SEMO out gained the Spartans 516-81 and led at halftime 49-0
9. Iowa State- For the 2nd consecutive year and 3rd time since 2007 the Cyclones dropped a game to a FCS opponent. This time though it wasn't even close as North Dakota State won its 5th straight game vs FBS schools 34-14 over the Cyclones
10. Derek Mason- First, the uniforms with the slogan "Anchor Down" in place of the players' names was kind of tacky and created a controversy on whether or not they were legal. Most importantly though is the fact that Vanderbilt, a team with 18 wins the last two years dropped a game to Temple 37-7. Mason may thing the bowtie looks cute, but the next tie around his neck may be a rope if he keeps up this kind of poor performance.
Listen to Matt daily on AM 560 in Columbia from 10-3 Eastern. www.560theteam.com